CALL US TODAY! (804) 908-1303
Good Landscaping Can Increase the Value of Your Home
Why Is Good Landscape Design So Important
If you are about to put your property for sale on the real estate market in Glen Allen, VA, you’d better consider some improvements, including your landscape first. Why is that necessary? Well, a property with a well-maintained lawn does not only sell faster but it also has a higher market value! A 5% of your home’s value invested in creating a good-looking landscape can bring you as much as 150% ROI (Return on Investment). Of course, in order to get the desired results, you should forget the idea about DIY work and hire a professional landscaper.
– You can sell your home up to 6 weeks faster when your landscape is well maintained than if your lawn is not maintained well as potential buyers are attracted to properties with appealing curb appeal.
– Hardscape architecture also increases the value of your home. Design and installation of structural patios, arbors, water features, decorative pathways, etc. can result in almost 80% ROI. You will surely need a landscape design specialist if you want such job done in a professional manner.
– Landscape renovation will also put you one step ahead of other homeowners in the neighborhood who are selling their homes. These renovations can be: replacement or movement of existing plants and trees, solving soil drainage problems, etc. They can increase the re-sale value of a home with 10%-15%.
For more information about how professional landscape design can help you sell your home, or if you want to book a reliable local landscaper, you can always turn to Keep It Cut Lawn Service. Our office number is (804) 908-1303! We look forward to helping you create the perfect design for your property and answer any questions you may have. We are here to meet your needs.
All About Turf – Advantages and Disadvantages. Installation Tips
How to Organize Your Turf Laying in a Quick and Efficient Manner
You will definitely need a consultation by a contractor, providing lawn services in your area, before deciding to lay down turf at the yard of your commercial and residential property! This is necessary because turf, or otherwise called sod, has some specific characteristics and peculiarities which need to be taken into consideration in advance.
It is important that your soil preparation is completed before the turf arrives, which is why you need to arrange a lawn care specialist in advance. During spring and summertime the turf must be unrolled immediately after delivery and within 24 hours during autumn and wintertime.
Benefits of turf/sod
- Turf has a rapid turnaround. Once you trim and water it, it is ready!
- It’s joints take little time to knit together.
- It is ideal for sports fields and public open spaces.
Ideally you must unroll the first turf along a plank. If you have a circular lawn, you must start in the middle and work your way out. Make sure the turf rolls are closely butted together. Always push the turf into a joint be careful not to stretch it and do your best to avoid leaving any gaps. Each turf piece should be laid offset in brickwork fashion. Staggering the joints like this can greatly minimize the risk of the turf drying out. Do not walk over the freshly laid turf, if you want to protect it! If no matter how well you lay it down, gaps occur between the turf, you can fill them up with some top soil. Ensure firm contact between the soil and the turf by tamping it down with a piece of wood or the head of a rake. A lawn care professional can help you do all this in a timely manner, so feel free to contact Keep It Cut Lawn Service, of Glen Allen, VA, anytime when you have a strict deadline to complete a turf laying project!